Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
Also, let us know if you want us to send you a star(s) from the Jan. 3rd service.
Leave us your name and mailing address win the Friendship Pad Comments and we’ll mail it to you.
Stars are available through the end of January 2021.
- Message: The Armor of Light
- Lead Minister: Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor
- Assisting: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister, Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor of Youth & Early Adults, and Darlene Maginley, Director for Children’s Ministry
- Music provided by Geff Phillips, Upper Room Worship Leader
- Scripture: Romans 13:8-14 (NIV) and Philippians 2:14-16 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Parking Lot Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Message Shortcut: The Children’s Message in today’s service video starts at 08:30.
Today’s flowers were given in memory of our parents, Janet and Warren (Pete) Burt, by Amy and Dave Casai and Pam and David Debono, and in loving memory of our fathers, Fred Anthony and Robert Harris, by Don and Margie Harris.
Today, in our January sermon series on the subject of light, we are exploring the Armor of Light. Paul was explaining to the early Christians the importance of surrounding ourselves with the light of God – as protection for ourselves from harm, and as a protection for others as we teach and defend them. The Armor of God is God’s Word, the Bible, and all that we can learn about being strong Christians by reading it and by practicing what we learn to benefit ourselves and those with whom we come in contact. When you surround yourself with the Armor of Light every day, you are prepared for battle in the name of Jesus Christ.
Reminder: If you were not at the Parking Lot service on Epiphany Sunday (Jan. 3rd) but still wish to have a star, they are still available to pick up at the church through the month of January. Look for them in the outside mailbox between the parking lot doors. For those who can’t visit the church or are from out of town, please let us know how many you would like via the ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD (don’t forget to provide your name and address) and we will mail the star(s) to you.