- Lead Minister: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister
- Liturgist: Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults
- Music provided by Caroline Roberts (Accompanied by Kimberly Swan)
- Scripture: Psalm 139 (NRSV)
- This Sunday’s floral bouquets were provided:
– in loving memory of Ella and George Duncan by David and Carol Duncan
– in honor of our 45th wedding anniversary by Peggy and Jerry Kmieciak
Today, our summer series — “Summer in the Psalms” — starts wrapping up with Psalm 139, (A Psalm about God’s Love & Care). Psalm 139, written by King David, is a song, as well as a prayer. It’s a prayer to God expressing our feelings of Confidence in God, our thanks for the deep Comfort that God gives us in every circumstance, and the Concern that God has for us. It is also a prayer of Confession that helps us understand that God has a plan for us, for which we must wait patiently. Psalm 139 is one of those psalms that we can return to again and again throughout our whole lives, especially in the times we are living through today.
Next Sunday, August 30th, marks both the end of the summer and the end of this sermon series. Our final sermon in this series will focus on a fitting psalm – Psalm 121, a psalm assuring us that God is always watching over us. We hope you will join us for this final summer Sunday, and you will plan to join us again in September for the beginning of our fall worship messages.