Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
Also, let us know if you want us to send you a star(s) from the Jan. 3rd service.
Leave us your name and mailing address win the Friendship Pad Comments and we’ll mail it to you.
Stars are available through MONDAY, JAN. 11, 2021.
- Message: The Light That Shines in the Darkness
- Lead Minister: Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor
- Assisting: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister; Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth & Early Adults; and Darlene Maginley, Director for Children’s Ministry
- Music provided by the Joyful Ringers Bell Choir with the congregation of FPCP (from 2019), and soloist Louise Fisher
- Scripture: John 1:1-5 (NRSV) and 1 John 1:5-7 (NRSV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Sermon Shortcut: The Children’s Sermon in today’s service video starts at 07:25.
Today’s flowers were given in loving memory of our parents, Lester & Florence Kitchen and Anthony & Leona Becoskey, and our sisters, Shirley and Marlene, by Lester and Geraldine Kitchen.
Today, we continue our January sermon series on the subject of light. The message today addresses the light that is Jesus Christ, the light that shines in the darkness. When the darkness overtakes our lives, our friends or our world, we can turn to the one who is always with us, even in that darkness.
Reminder: If you were not at the Parking Lot service on Sunday but wish to get a star, they are available to pick up at the church through Monday, Jan. 11th. Look for them in the outside mailbox between the parking lot doors. For those who can’t visit the church or are from out of town, please let us know how many you would like via the ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD (don’t forget to provide your name and address) and we will mail the star(s) to you.