Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: I AM the Gate
- Lead Minister: Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor
- Assisting: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister; Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth & Early Adults; and Darlene Maginley, Director of Children’s Ministry
- Music provided by FPCP’s Congregation (pre-recorded) and the Joyful Ringers Bell Choir
- Scripture: John 10:7-10 (NIV) and Revelation 21:1-3; 25 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Parking Lot Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Message Shortcut: The Children’s Message in today’s service video starts at 8:53.
Today’s flowers were given in loving memory of my mother, Margaret Anthony, by Don & Margie Harris.
On this, the second Sunday in Lent, we look at the next topic in our our “I AM” Lenten Sermon Series – “I AM the Gate.” Ashley shared with us some background about the look and purpose of an ancient sheepfold and the role of the shepherd as the gate to the sheep. Like the ancient shepherds, Jesus also serves as the gate for his sheep to eternity. Listen today as we seek to understand Jesus’ role as the gate and how this brings us through him to God’s promised eternity for His followers.