Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: Hello, My Name is… Child of God
- Lead Minister: Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor
- Assisting: Darlene Maginley, Director of Children’s Ministry
- Scripture Reader: Juliana
- Music provided by Clare with our Young Instrumentalist Introit; Geff Phillips, Upper Room Worship Leader; the 2019 Chancel Choir; and Sue Scott-Organist.
- Scripture: Isaiah 9:6 (NIV) and Luke 2:8-20 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Sunday School is on holiday — no children’s activities are posted this Sunday.
- Children’s Sermon Shortcut: Mrs. Maginley is reading a story – it starts at 9:30.
Today’s flowers were given in loving memory of Russell Luke and Linda Roose by John Roose and Linda Luke.
This is the final Sunday in our Advent sermon series: “Hello, My Name is…” Today, we’re looking at ‘Child of God.’ Now this is NOT one of the names for Christ listed in our theme scripture, the prophesy given in Isaiah 9:1-7: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. But Jesus is identified as the Son of God 47 times throughout the New Testament. Even though it doesn’t fit within the prophesy from Isaiah, this is obviously a significant description of Jesus and his life and ministry on Earth. Jesus came to earth as a small child, grew into adulthood, and then ministered to the people of his time. His ministry is still alive and relevant to us today, ensuring our own salvation, so that we, too, like Jesus, can claim the right to be called a Child of God.