Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: Creation to New Creation, Part 2 (Sabbath and the New Creation)
- Lay Paster: Rich Rej (FPCP Member & Seminary Student)
- Assisting: Rev. Mark Hovermale (Pastor for Youth & Early Adults), Rev. Ashley S. Ashley (Associate Pastor) and Darlene Maginley (Director of Children’s Ministry)
- Music by Dr. Jerry Smith, Accompanied by Sharon Smith on the organ
- Scripture: Genesis 2:1-3 (ESV) and 2 Corinthians 5:16-21 (ESV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Parking Lot Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Children’s Message Shortcut: The Children’s Message in today’s service video starts at 7:59.
Today’s flowers are given:
- In honor of our parents and in gratitude for our fiftieth wedding anniversary by Neil and Ingrid Sendelbach
- In loving memory of Walt on his birthday, June 22, by Veralou Scott
- In loving memory of Dave Richards from Milanne and children
- Remembering our wedding anniversary by Bill and Joanne Cole
We conclude our short sermon series — ‘Creation to New Creation’ — with the third part that focuses on the Sabbath and how it relates to the New Creation. Rich Rej reminded us that even God rested to renew Himself after creating the heavens and the earth and all the things that walk on, above and under the earth. It was then that He blessed the seventh day and made it holy. From this, we are directed to do likewise. However today, many of us are stuck on the road to success — doing more, earning more, acquiring more… But God tells us that, to be a New Creation, we need to set time aside just for Him. Time to be still, pray, read the Bible, and contemplate the beauty around us. Sabbath is a time to be refreshed and renewed. It is a priority. It is a time that is holy.