Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: Creation to New Creation, Part 1 (From Adam to Jesus to Us)
- Lead Minister: Rev. Mark Hovermale (Pastor for Youth & Early Adults)
- Assisting: Rev. Ashley S. Ashley (Associate Minister) and Darlene Maginley (Director of Children’s Ministry)
- Music by Bekah Brudi
- Scripture: Genesis 1:1-2; 26-27 (NIV) and 2 Corinthians 5:17-19 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Parking Lot Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Children’s Message Shortcut: The Children’s Message in today’s service video starts at 7:34.
- The Baptism of the Scott Family’s children begins at 11:23.
Today’s flowers are given in memory of my mother, Bess Marie Basch, from Klotylda Phillippi, and in celebration of my parents’ wedding 65 years ago on June 9, and in memory of their loving bond and their faith in Christ.
This week, we are beginning a new, 3-sermon series entitled ‘Creation to New Creation.’ The first part of this series focuses on the time ‘From Adam to Jesus to Us.’ From the very beginning, when God created Adam and Eve to live in the garden, we were new creations. However, through sin, we were separated from God. In the Old Testament, it was relatively complicated and difficult to gain reconciliation with God. However, in the New Testament, we see that, through the sacrifice of Jesus, we can forever become reconciled with God. How does this work? That’s what we’ll be exploring today. Hint: it involves soccer balls and lego blocks. Trust me, you will want to join us today to see how.