Graduation, whether from High School or College, is a major milestone in the lives of our youth. As we get closer to the end of the school year, watch this page for information, special dates and church-based activities for our graduating seniors.
Important High School Senior Activity Dates:
- August 17, 2017: Senior Bonfire @ Imboden’s 7-10pm
- October 28, 2017: Murder Mystery Dinner @ Thompson’s 6:30-8pm
- May 20, 2018: Senior Night (congregation welcome to attend!)
- June 3, 2018: Baccalaureate Service 9:00 a.m. with reception between services
- June 25-29, 2018: Senior Trip to Disneyland
- You can sign up for Senior Events at fpcp.net/signups
Senior Graduation Information
Please help us collect the graduation information for each of our senior students (High School or College), including name, school graduating from (and degrees, if any), future plans, etc. Please contact the church office or use the below link to submit this information. Summaries for each student who submits information will be printed in the Baccalaureate Sunday bulletin and will be shared during the service.
Senior Picture Showcase
Graduating Seniors will be asked to submit their graduation pictures (wallet size) for display in the Presbyterian Women showcase. Pictures will be placed in the Presbyterian Women mailbox in the Narthex.
2018 FPCP Scholarship Applications:
The FPCP Scholarship Fund was established by a generous memorial in 1995. All graduating high school seniors who are FPCP church members are encouraged to apply for this award. The amount awarded will be determined based on available funds from the endowment and the number of eligible applicants. Eligibility will be determined based upon active involvement in the life of the church during the past four years of high school. The award will be a one time scholarship. The FPCP Scholarship Committee will review all applications and a personal interview will be required.
Important Application Deadline Information:
- April 2, 2018: Applications will be available in paper form, or online to print or submit electronically.
- May 6, 2018: Application submission deadline.
- May 20, 2018: Applicants will be interviewed by CN
- June 3, 2018: Scholarship recipients will be announced at the 9:00 Baccalaureate Service
Applications may be submitted electronically, mailed to the FPCP Scholarship Committee, c/o Matt Maginley, 701 Church Street, Plymouth, MI 48170 or placed in the Christian Nurture mailbox in the Narthex. All applications must be in by Sunday, May 6, 2018.
Download, print and complete form by hand.
Access online form, select ‘Submit’ to return electronically. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your form.
Once you submit the application, you should receive a confirmation email of receipt within 48 hours. If you do not receive this email, please contact us or resubmit your form.
Questions about the scholarship fund, the submission process or the scholarship disbursement may be directed to Matt Maginley (phone: 248-344-9908 or by email).