Your Registration Center for Activities, Classes, and Bible Studies at FPCP
Children/Family/Youth Activities for 2021-2022
- Sunday School: In-person Sunday School for children ages K-5th grade resumes on Sunday, Sept. 12th during the 9:30am worship service.
- KidMin (Kindergarten – 3rd Grade Children): Our 2021-22 meeting schedule is currently being finalized.
- Club 45 (4th & 5th Grade Children): Our 2021-22 meeting schedule is currently being finalized.
Young Family Activities:
- Contact Julie Heasley for more information at 248-305-0742 or by email.
- Youth programming (6th grade – 12th grade) resumes on Sunday, Sept. 12th.
- Combined Middle & High School Sunday School takes place at 9:30 am on Sunday mornings
- High School Youth Group takes place at 12:00 pm on Sunday afternoons.
- Middle School Youth Group takes place at 6:30 pm on Wednesday nights.
- Email Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults, or go to our FPCP Youth Pages for more information on the Middle School & High School activities
Adult Classes for 2021-2022
Co-Ed Adult/Life Long Learning Classes:
Many of our Adult/Life Long Learning Classes have converted to online formats
for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis.
If you wish to join a class, please contact the leader of the specific class
to see if there’s an online option available.
- Fitness in Christ – Virtual Yoga! FPCP’s Fitness in Christ ministry and Sharon Holcomb would like to invite you to virtual yoga classes via Zoom. Regular class times are Tuesday at 5:00 and Wednesday at 1:00 and 3:30. Participants may choose to attend free as their circumstances dictate or donate to a variety of good causes. The Fitness in Christ program has been raising money this year for Second Mile Center, or you could consider donating to Sharon’s Good Cause of the Week, or a good cause of your own. If you would like a schedule of other classes, please email Sharon Holcomb.
- Continuing the Word Bible Study
Contact: email Dana Hearn or Gary McLaren
Sunday afternoons in person from 5:30 – 6:30pm at FPCP, with the option to join via Zoom
How to Join: This group is open to all; use this link if you wish to join via Zoom
- Listening to Jesus: Responding in Faith
Contact: email Doug Kee or Nancy Sullivan
Sunday nights in person at 7:00pm at FPCP
How to Join: All are welcome to join this group.
- Tuesday Night Bible Study
Contact: Nancy White email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday Nights in person at 7:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
Studying: Hope in Times of Fear — The Resurrection and the Meaning of Easter, by Timothy Keller.
Begins: Tuesday, January 11th, 2022
How to Join: Register Online
- Early Word Bible Study — This is a co-ed ongoing weekly group
Contact: email Sue Kage or 248-755-7648
Wednesday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
Studying: Parables From the Backside – Volume 1, by J. Ellsworth Kalas.
How to Join: To join the discussion, please email Sue Kage to request the Zoom link.
- “Lunch and a Book” Discussion — This is a co-ed study taking place on the first Wednesday of each month. This discussion group will start up again on Wednesday, Sept. 1st, 2021.
Presbyterian Women Activities:
- Monday Night Book Studies:
Contact: email Nancy White
Meets on occasional Mondays throughout the year
How to Join: Contact Nancy White or call or text Nancy at 734-502-2831 for the Zoom connection link
- Presbyterian Women (PCUSA) Horizons Monthly Bible Study —
Contact: email Kiki Farrow
Meets on the second Tuesday of each Month, September through May at 7:00 p.m. at FPCP
Studying: “What My Grandmothers Taught Me” (Books: $12)
Began: September 8, 2020 (new members always welcome!)
How to Join: Contact Kiki Farrow or by phone (734-459-3769) to register and to order books
Women of the Word Winter 2022 Wednesday Morning Bible Study – All women are welcome to join us as we gather each Wednesday on Zoom Video Conference in small discussion groups.Contact: email Sue Kage at email@example.com or call at 248-755-7648Meets on Wednesday Mornings, January 5 – March 2, 2022 from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.Studying: “Sacred Pathways – Nine Ways To Connect With God” by Gary ThomasLed by: Small Group LeadersHow to Join: Register Online
2021 Festival of Tables — TBD
Volunteers needed for a Church Event Dishwashing Team. To join the team, call Debra MacGregor at 734-649-1265 or Kiki Farrow at 734-459-3769.
Men’s Studies and Activities:
- SMMBS (Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Studies) Book Discussion
Contact: email Tom Weaver
Saturday Mornings from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m., Sept. 11, 2021 – May 21, 2022
Studying: to be announced
Additional Materials: to be announced
How to Join: Contact Tom Weaver for the Zoom link — All men are welcome!
- Presbyterian Men’s Fellowship: Communion & Advent Breakfast — This is an annual event that takes place on a Saturday in mid-December at 7:30am. Check back for more details.
- Retired Men’s Breakfast — This is a monthly food and fellowship gathering, taking place on the 2nd Tuesday morning of each month at 7:30am. Locations will be determined month by month; check the bulletin or the church calendar to determine each month’s location. All retired men are welcome to attend!
- We are looking to expand our Ushering Team. If you are interested in joining this group of friendly faces, please email Teri Stonerook to sign up to serve on Sunday mornings
- Suppers of Support is a group of volunteers from our church who prepare and deliver food when one of our members could use the help in the event of a death in the family, a birth, or an illness when the member just doesn’t have time or the desire to cook. In all these occasions, we want to be available to help these people and their families. We are currently looking for volunteer cooks to help with meal preparation. If you sign up, you will be put on a list and an email with dates for meals will be sent out as needed. Volunteers only need respond if the date is convenient to them. If you would like to be added to OR REMOVED FROM the list, please contact Denise Stewart .
Local Mission Activities:
- Community Dinner at Second Mile Center — Dinners are served through the school year on the fourth Monday of each month, departing FPCP at 4:00pm as a group for Detroit, and returning at approx. 8pm. Each month, we need donations of cookies or brownies, as well as volunteers to help serve the meals. Watch the bulletin or the Local Mission board for more information about this activity.