Your Registration Center for Activities, Classes and Bible Studies at FPCP
Worship Service Information
Through Sunday, Sept. 5th:
- Sunday Outdoor In-Person Worship Services will continue to be held in FPCP’s Parking Lot. Services take place at 9:30am each Sunday morning, and are preceded by Fellowship in the parking loop starting at 9:00am.
- Sunday Sanctuary In-Person Worship Services will be held at 11:00am in the church Sanctuary, and all fully-vaccinated worshippers are welcome to attend, no mask required (unless it is preferred for health reasons or based on personal preference, or for those not yet fully vaccinated).
- Online (Pre-Recorded) Worship Services concluded with the August 29th service. Past online services may be watched online HERE.
Starting on Sunday, Sept. 12th, Weekly Services will return to our normal Pre-Covid schedule of:
- 9:30am – Sanctuary Services, including Sunday School for children and youth
- 10:30am – Fellowship in the Narthex
- 11:05am – Upper Room Services
Children/Family/Youth Activities for 2021-2022
- Sunday School: In-person Sunday School for children ages K-5th grade resumes on Sunday, Sept. 12th during the 9:30am worship service.
- KidMin (Kindergarten – 3rd Grade Children): Our 2021-22 meeting schedule is currently being finalized.
- Club 45 (4th & 5th Grade Children): Our 2021-22 meeting schedule is currently being finalized.
- VBS 2021 — The Rocky Railway train left the FPCP Station (the Parking Lot) on Sunday evening, July 18th and stopped for some daily activities throughout the week. Since VBS was a hybrid program this year, on Sunday and Friday evenings, the stop was in person at the Station, on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, the Train stoped at YOUR home stations, and on Wednesday, it was a virtual Zoom stop. All supplies, activities, etc. for this fun week were provided to passengers on Sunday evening before the Train left the station.
Young Family Activities:
- Contact Julie Heasley for more information at 248-305-0742 or by email.
- Youth programming (6th grade – 12th grade) resumes on Sunday, Sept. 12th.
- Combined Middle & High School Sunday School takes place at 9:30am on Sunday mornings
- High School Youth Group takes place at 12:00pm on Sunday afternoons.
- Middle School Youth Group takes place at 6:30pm on Wednesday nights.
- Email Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults, or go to our FPCP Youth Pages for more information on the Middle School & High School activities
Adult Classes for 2021-2022
Co-Ed Adult/Life Long Learning Classes:
Many of our Adult/Life Long Learning Classes have converted to online formats
for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis.
If you wish to join a class, please contact the leader of the specific class
to see if there’s an online option available.
- Fitness in Christ – Virtual Yoga! FPCP’s Fitness in Christ ministry and Sharon Holcomb would like to invite you to virtual yoga classes via Zoom. Regular class times are Tuesday at 5:00 and Wednesday at 1:00 and 3:30. Participants may choose to attend free as their circumstances dictate or donate to a variety of good causes. The Fitness in Christ program has been raising money this year for Second Mile Center, or you could consider donating to Sharon’s Good Cause of the Week, or a good cause of your own. If you would like a schedule of other classes, please email Sharon Holcomb.
- Continuing the Word Bible Study
Contact: email Dana Hearn or Gary McLaren
Sunday afternoons in person from 5:30 – 6:30pm at FPCP, with the option to join via Zoom
How to Join: This group is open to all; use this link if you wish to join via Zoom
- Listening to Jesus: Responding in Faith
Contact: email Doug Kee or Nancy Sullivan
Sunday nights in person at 7:00pm at FPCP
How to Join: All are welcome to join this group.
- Tuesday Night Bible Study
Contact: Nancy White at 453-1044 or Roger Cromwell at 734-335-7250
Tuesday Nights in person at 7:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
Studying: “Rediscovering Jonah: The Secrets of God’s Mercy” by Timothy Keller
Begins: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
How to Join: Contact Nancy White to request the Zoom link
- Early Word Bible Study — This is a co-ed ongoing weekly group
Contact: email Sue Kage or 248-755-7648
Wednesday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
Studying: Parables From the Backside – Volume 1, by J. Ellsworth Kalas.
How to Join: To join the discussion, please email Sue Kage to request the Zoom link.
- “Lunch and a Book” Discussion — This is a co-ed study taking place on the first Wednesday of each month. This discussion group will start up again on Wednesday, Sept. 1st, 2021.
Presbyterian Women Activities:
- Monday Night Book Studies:
Contact: email Nancy White
Meets on occasional Mondays throughout the year
How to Join: Contact Nancy White or call or text Nancy at 734-502-2831 for the Zoom connection link
- Presbyterian Women (PCUSA) Horizons Monthly Bible Study —
Contact: email Kiki Farrow
Meets on the second Tuesday of each Month, September through May at 7:00 p.m. at FPCP
Studying: “What My Grandmothers Taught Me” (Books: $12)
Began: September 8, 2020 (new members always welcome!)
How to Join: Contact Kiki Farrow or by phone (734-459-3769) to register and to order books
- Women’s FALL 2021 Wednesday Morning Discussion — All ladies are welcome to join us as we gather each Wednesday in small discussion groups.
Contact: email Sue Kage or call at 248-755-7648
Meets on Wednesday Mornings, from Sept. 15 – Nov. 17 at FPCP 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Studying: “With: Reimagining the Way You Relate to God” by Skye Jethani
Led by: Small Group Leaders
How to Join: Register Online
- 2021 Festival of Tables — TBD
- Volunteers needed for a Church Event Dishwashing Team. To join the team, call Debra MacGregor at 734-649-1265 or Kiki Farrow at 734-459-3769.
Men’s Studies and Activities:
- SMMBS (Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Studies) Book Discussion
Contact: email Tom Weaver
Saturday Mornings from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m., Sept. 11, 2021 – May 21, 2022
Studying: to be announced
Additional Materials: to be announced
How to Join: Contact Tom Weaver for the Zoom link — All men are welcome!
- Presbyterian Men’s Fellowship: Communion & Advent Breakfast — This is an annual event that takes place on a Saturday in mid-December at 7:30am. Check back for more details.
- Retired Men’s Breakfast — This is a monthly food and fellowship gathering, taking place on the 2nd Tuesday morning of each month at 7:30am. Locations will be determined month by month; check the bulletin or the church calendar to determine each month’s location. All retired men are welcome to attend!
- We are looking to expand our Ushering Team. If you are interested in joining this group of friendly faces, please email Teri Stonerook to sign up to serve on Sunday mornings
- Suppers of Support is a group of volunteers from our church who prepare and deliver food when one of our members could use the help in the event of a death in the family, a birth, or an illness when the member just doesn’t have time or the desire to cook. In all these occasions, we want to be available to help these people and their families. We are currently looking for volunteer cooks to help with meal preparation. If you sign up, you will be put on a list and an email with dates for meals will be sent out as needed. Volunteers only need respond if the date is convenient to them. If you would like to be added to OR REMOVED FROM the list, please contact Denise Stewart .
Local Mission Activities:
- Community Dinner at Second Mile Center — Dinners are served through the school year on the fourth Monday of each month, departing FPCP at 4:00pm as a group for Detroit, and returning at approx. 8pm. Each month, we need donations of cookies or brownies, as well as volunteers to help serve the meals. Watch the bulletin or the Local Mission board for more information about this activity.
New Member Activities:
Our October 2020 New Member Class will be held in a one class ZOOM format only. New Members will join the church during the Sunday, October 25th service.
The New Member class will take place on Sunday, October 18, 2020 from noon-1:30 pm. Lunch is provided for every participant. The Member Care Committee will be delivering Panera box lunches and Membership packets to each participant’s home that morning.