Your Registration Center for Activities, Classes and Bible Studies at FPCP
Children/Family/Youth Activities for 2019-2020
- Sunday School Class Registration Form — Please check back at the end of the summer to register for 2020-2021.
- VBS 2020 — CANCELLED due to COVID-19. Check back again next spring for the 2021 schedule
- Anticipated 2021 dates: June 21-25
- KidMin (Kindergarten – 3rd Grade Children): 1st Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm in Room #041.
- Club 45 (4th & 5th Grade Children): 2nd Friday of the month, 6:30 – 8:30 pm in Room #042 (except April, due to Spring Break).
Young Family Activities:
- Want to spend more time with God, but you’re busy with young children at home? We might just be the group for you! Once a month, we invite you to enjoy a potluck dinner followed by an hour of study while the children play with a babysitter. We will also organize quarterly social outings. Contact Julie Heasley for more information at 248-305-0742 or by email.
- Email Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults, for current Middle School & High School activities
Adult Classes for 2019-2020
Co-Ed Adult/Life Long Learning Classes:
Many of our Adult/Life Long Learning Classes have converted to online formats
for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis.
If you wish to join a class, please contact the leader of the specific class
to see if there’s an online option available.
- Fitness in Christ – Virtual Yoga! FPCP’s Fitness in Christ ministry and Sharon Holcomb would like to invite you to virtual yoga classes via Zoom. Regular class times are Tuesday at 5:00 and Wednesday at 1:00 and 3:30. Participants may choose to attend free as their circumstances dictate or donate to a variety of good causes. The Fitness in Christ program has been raising money this year for Second Mile Center, or you could consider donating to Sharon’s Good Cause of the Week, or a good cause of your own. If you would like a schedule of other classes, please email Sharon Holcomb.
- Continuing the Word Bible Study — Meets every other Sunday evening, beginning Sunday, May 31 at 5:30 – 6:30pm via Zoom. The summer/fall study will focus on the book “Life Lessons from Acts” by Max Lucado Class Details
- Listening to Jesus: Responding in Faith — Meets on most Sundays at 7:00pm via Zoom. The current summer study is a deep dive into the Confession of 1967 – a focus on the Church as God’s reconciling community in the world. All are welcome to join this group. For the meeting information and to request the Zoom link, please email Doug Kee.
- Tuesday Night Bible Study –TBD
- Early Word Bible Study — This is a co-ed ongoing weekly group that meets on Wednesday mornings at 7:30am via Zoom. To join the discussion, please email Sue Kage to request the Zoom link.
- “Lunch and a Book” Discussion — This is a co-ed study taking place on the first Wednesday of each month. Please check back in the fall for the new book selections.
Presbyterian Women Activities:
- Monday Night Book Studies: The women’s book study series has concluded for the summer. Please check back in the fall for the new book selections.
- Tuesday Night Women’s Bible Study — The women’s book study series has concluded for the summer. Please check back in the fall for the new study.
- Women’s Wednesday Morning Discussion — All ladies are welcome to join us as we gather each Wednesday in small groups via Zoom to discuss the previous Sunday’s sermon message. To join the discussion, please email Sue Kage to request the Zoom link.
- 2019 Festival of Tables — Monday, December 2, 2020
- Volunteers needed for a Church Event Dishwashing Team. To join the team, call Debra MacGregor at 734-649-1265 or Kiki Farrow at 734-459-3769.
Men’s Studies and Activities:
- SMMBS (Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Studies) Book Discussion — This group will continue to meet on Saturday mornings via Zoom through the end of June (TBD: may continue into July or August). To join, please email Tom Weaver for the Zoom link.
- Presbyterian Men’s Fellowship: Communion & Advent Breakfast — This annual event will take place on Saturday, mid-December 2020 at 7:30am. Check back for more details.
- We are looking to expand our Ushering Team. If you are interested in joining this group of friendly faces, please email Teri Stonerook to sign up to serve on Sunday mornings
- Suppers of Support is a group of volunteers from our church who prepare and deliver food when one of our members could use the help in the event of a death in the family, a birth, or an illness when the member just doesn’t have time or the desire to cook. In all these occasions, we want to be available to help these people and their families. We are currently looking for volunteer cooks to help with meal preparation. If you sign up, you will be put on a list and an email with dates for meals will be sent out as needed. Volunteers only need respond if the date is convenient to them. If you would like to be added to OR REMOVED FROM the list, please contact Denise Stewart or Orlean Heidel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Mission Activities:
- Community Dinner at Second Mile Center — Dinners are served through the school year on the fourth Monday of each month, departing FPCP at 4:00pm as a group for Detroit, and returning at approx. 8pm. Each month, we need donations of cookies or brownies, as well as volunteers to help serve the meals. Watch the bulletin or the Local Mission board for more information about this activity.
New Member Activities:
- Our next 2-day New Member class has been postponed to a future date, to be determined once the health crisis is past. After the class, new members will be welcomed into the church on the next Sunday. To RSVP for this class, contact Julie Thompson in the Church office (734-453-6464 ext. 115) or email her at juliethompson[at]fpcp.net.