Your Registration Center for Activities, Classes and Bible Studies at FPCP
Children/Family/Youth Activities for 2019-2020
- 2019-20 Sunday School Class Registration Form
- VBS 2020 — NEW SCHEDULE — June 22-26, 2020 ** Please watch here for updates **
- Participant and Volunteer Registration – Will be available in the spring
- KidMin (Kindergarten – 3rd Grade Children): 1st Wednesday of the month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm in Room #041.
- Club 45 (4th & 5th Grade Children): 2nd Friday of the month, 6:30 – 8:30 pm in Room #042 (except April, due to Spring Break).
Young Family Activities:
- Want to spend more time with God, but you’re busy with young children at home? We might just be the group for you! Once a month, we invite you to enjoy a potluck dinner followed by an hour of study while the children play with a babysitter. We will also organize quarterly social outings. Contact Julie Heasley for more information at 248-305-0742 or by email.
- High School SpringHill Weekend: January 10-12
- Middle School SpringHill Weekend: January 24-26
- Winter Jam 2020 (All Youth): Sunday, February 23, 2020 (3:00 – 11:00 pm)
- Laser Tag (All Youth): Friday, March 20 (6:00 – 10:00 p.m.) — CANCELLED
Adult Classes for 2019-2020
Co-Ed Adult/Life Long Learning Classes:
Many of our Adult/Life Long Learning Classes have converted to online formats
for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis.
If you wish to join a class, please contact the leader of the specific class
to see if there’s an online option available.
- Fitness in Christ Nutrition & Yoga Classes — Winter classes begin in January 2020. Class Details
- Continuing the Word Bible Study — Beginning Sunday, Nov. 3 at 6:00pm in the Chapel. The winter study will focus on the book “Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible and What He Wants to Do with You.” Class Details
- Listening to Jesus: Responding in Faith — Resumes in January at 7:00pm in the Hearth Room. The winter study will focus on the book “TBD.” Class Details
- Tuesday Night Bible Study –This study will begin on Tuesday, January 14 at 7:15 pm in the Chapel. The study will focus on the book “What on Earth am I Here For?” by Rick Warren (an expanded version of “The Purpose Driven Life.”) Class Details
- Early Word Bible Study — This is an ongoing Wednesday morning study that begins on Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 7:30am in the Hearth Room. The current study is “Mark for Everyone” by N.T. Wright. Class Details
- “Lunch and a Book” Discussion — This is a new, co-ed study taking place on the first Wednesday of each month beginning on Wed., Sept. 4th at 12:00pm in the Hearth Room. We will be looking at the following books:
- Wednesday, September 4, 2019 — Dear Mrs. Bird
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019 — The Life & Times of Persimmon Wilson
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 — Last Bus to Wisdom
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 — The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020 — The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 — The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 — Where the Crawdads Sing
Presbyterian Women Activities:
- Women’s Tuesday Night Bible Study –This study will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 7:00pm in Classroom #137 (new room assignment beginning on March 10th). The study will be Horizons’ “Love Carved in Stone.” Class Details
- Women’s Wednesday Morning Bible Study — Beginning Wednesday, March 11 – Wednesday, April 1, 2020. This study will look at “Wait: Thoughts and Practice in Waiting on God.” Class Details
- Monday Book Studies: The women’s book study series will begin in September for studies on the following dates:
- Monday, September 30, 2019 @ 7:00pm — Before We Were Yours
- Monday, November 25, 2019 @ 7:00pm — Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
- Monday, January 27, 2020 @ 7:00pm — A Woman is No Man
- Monday March 30, 2020 @ 7:00pm — Educated: A Memoir
- 2019 Festival of Tables — Monday, December 9, 2019
- Volunteers needed for a Church Event Dishwashing Team. To join the team, call Debra MacGregor at 734-649-1265 or Kiki Farrow at 734-459-3769.
Men’s Studies and Activities:
- SMMBS (Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Studies) Book Discussion — This group meets on Saturday mornings, beginning on Saturday, Sept. 21 at 7:30am in the Hearth Room. The winter study will focus on the book “Romans for Everyone.” Class Details
- Presbyterian Men’s Fellowship: Communion & Advent Breakfast — This annual event will take place on Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019 at 7:30am.
- We are looking to expand our Ushering Team. If you are interested in joining this group of friendly faces, please email Teri Stonerook to sign up to serve on Sunday mornings
- Suppers of Support is a group of volunteers from our church who prepare and deliver food when one of our members could use the help in the event of a death in the family, a birth, or an illness when the member just doesn’t have time or the desire to cook. In all these occasions, we want to be available to help these people and their families. We are currently looking for volunteer cooks to help with meal preparation. If you sign up, you will be put on a list and an email with dates for meals will be sent out as needed. Volunteers only need respond if the date is convenient to them. If you would like to be added to OR REMOVED FROM the list, please contact Denise Stewart or Orlean Heidel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Mission Activities:
- Community Dinner at Second Mile Center — Dinners are served through the school year on the fourth Monday of each month, departing FPCP at 4:00pm as a group for Detroit, and returning at approx. 8pm. Each month, we need donations of cookies or brownies, as well as volunteers to help serve the meals. Watch the bulletin or the Local Mission board for more information about this activity.
New Member Activities:
- Our next 2-day New Member class has been postponed to a future date, to be determined once the health crisis is past. After the class, new members will be welcomed into the church on the next Sunday. To RSVP for this class, contact Julie Thompson in the Church office (734-453-6464 ext. 115 or email her at juliethompson[at]fpcp.net.