Your Registration Center for Activities, Classes and Bible Studies at FPCP
Worship Service Information
CLICK HERE to register your vehicle to attend our Sunday Outdoor In-Person Worship Services, held in FPCP’s Parking Lot. Services take place at 10:00am each Sunday morning. Pre-registering your vehicle allows us to anticipate attendance for parking, as well as allows us a way to contact families in the event that the service must be cancelled for some reason.
CLICK HERE to watch our Online (Pre-Recorded) Worship Services. Services are posted at 9:30 am each Sunday, and available to watch at any time throughout the week.
Children/Family/Youth Activities for 2020-2021
- VBS 2021 — 2021 timing and format are still TBD at this time, depending on this summer’s COVID-19 situation. Please check back later in the spring for the 2021 schedule
- KidMin (Kindergarten – 3rd Grade Children): Our 2020-21 meetings are currently being held via Zoom.
- Club 45 (4th & 5th Grade Children): Our 2020-21 meetings are currently being held via Zoom.
- Online Sunday School: Please CLICK THIS LINK to go to our online Sunday School page. Note: Each video is password-protected. To get the password, please email Mrs. Maginley. A new password will be emailed to out every 4 weeks.
Young Family Activities:
- Currently on sabbatical. Contact Julie Heasley for more information at 248-305-0742 or by email.
Adult Classes for 2020-2021
Co-Ed Adult/Life Long Learning Classes:
Many of our Adult/Life Long Learning Classes have converted to online formats
for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis.
If you wish to join a class, please contact the leader of the specific class
to see if there’s an online option available.
- Fitness in Christ – Virtual Yoga! FPCP’s Fitness in Christ ministry and Sharon Holcomb would like to invite you to virtual yoga classes via Zoom. Regular class times are Tuesday at 5:00 and Wednesday at 1:00 and 3:30. Participants may choose to attend free as their circumstances dictate or donate to a variety of good causes. The Fitness in Christ program has been raising money this year for Second Mile Center, or you could consider donating to Sharon’s Good Cause of the Week, or a good cause of your own. If you would like a schedule of other classes, please email Sharon Holcomb.
- Continuing the Word Bible Study —
Contact: email Dana Hearn or Gary McLaren
Sunday nights at 5:30 p.m.
Studying: You are Never Alone, by Max Lucado
Schedule: February 7 – May 30, 2021
How to Join: Zoom Meeting — please use this link to join
- Listening to Jesus: Responding in Faith —
Contact: email Doug Kee or Nancy Sullivan
Sunday nights at 7:00pm
Studying: John for Everyone by N.T. Wright
How to Join: All are welcome to join this group. To request the Zoom link, please email Doug Kee.
- Tuesday Night Bible Study —
Contact: email Nancy White or 453-1044
Tuesday Nights at 7:15 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
9/22-12/1 led by Bob & Nancy White; 1/5-4/13 led by Roger Cromwell
Studying: The Gospel According to Jesus: What is Authentic Faith? by John MacArthur
Begins: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
How to Join: Contact Nancy White to request the Zoom link
- Early Word Bible Study — This is a co-ed ongoing weekly group
Contact: email Sue Kage or 755-7648
Wednesday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
Studying: Hidden Christmas: The Surprising Truth Behind the Birth of Christ by Timothy Keller
How to Join: To join the discussion, please email Sue Kage to request the Zoom link.
- “Lunch and a Book” Discussion — This is a co-ed study taking place on the first Wednesday of each month. This discussion group will recommence when the situation allows for a return to in-person gatherings.
Presbyterian Women Activities:
- Monday Night Book Studies:
Contact: email Nancy White
Meets on occasional Mondays throughout the year
How to Join: Contact Nancy White or call or text Nancy at 734-502-2831 for the Zoom connection link
- Presbyterian Women (PCUSA) Horizons Monthly Bible Study —
Contact: email Kiki Farrow
Meets on the second Tuesday of each Month, September through May at 7:00 p.m.
Studying: Into the Light: Finding Hope through Prayers of Lament, by P. Lynn Miller
Began: September 8, 2020 (new members always welcome!)
How to Join: Contact Kiki Farrow for the Zoom meeting information
- Women’s Wednesday Morning Discussion — All ladies are welcome to join us as we gather each Wednesday in small groups via Zoom to discuss the previous Sunday’s sermon message.
Contact:email Sue Kage or 755-7648
Meets on Wednesday Mornings at either 9:30 or 10:00 a.m.
Led by: Eight different Small Group Leaders
Studying: FPCP Sermon Series
How to Join: Contact Sue Kage to request the Zoom link to join a Small Group
- 2020 Festival of Tables — Cancelled
- Volunteers needed for a Church Event Dishwashing Team. To join the team, call Debra MacGregor at 734-649-1265 or Kiki Farrow at 734-459-3769.
Men’s Studies and Activities:
- SMMBS (Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Studies) Book Discussion —
Contact: email Tom Weaver
Saturday Mornings from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Studying: “Gospel According to John” (‘for Everybody’ commentary) by N.T. Wright
Additional Materials: Everyone Study Guide – John
How to Join: Contact Tom Weaver for the Zoom link — All men are welcome!
- Presbyterian Men’s Fellowship: Communion & Advent Breakfast — This is an annual event that takes place on a Saturday in mid-December at 7:30am. Check back for more details.
- We are looking to expand our Ushering Team. If you are interested in joining this group of friendly faces, please email Teri Stonerook to sign up to serve on Sunday mornings
- Suppers of Support is a group of volunteers from our church who prepare and deliver food when one of our members could use the help in the event of a death in the family, a birth, or an illness when the member just doesn’t have time or the desire to cook. In all these occasions, we want to be available to help these people and their families. We are currently looking for volunteer cooks to help with meal preparation. If you sign up, you will be put on a list and an email with dates for meals will be sent out as needed. Volunteers only need respond if the date is convenient to them. If you would like to be added to OR REMOVED FROM the list, please contact Denise Stewart or Orlean Heidel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Mission Activities:
- Community Dinner at Second Mile Center — Dinners are served through the school year on the fourth Monday of each month, departing FPCP at 4:00pm as a group for Detroit, and returning at approx. 8pm. Each month, we need donations of cookies or brownies, as well as volunteers to help serve the meals. Watch the bulletin or the Local Mission board for more information about this activity.
New Member Activities:
Our October New Member Class will be held in a one class ZOOM format only. New Members will join the church during the Sunday, October 25th service.
The New Member class will take place on Sunday, October 18th from noon-1:30 pm. Lunch is provided for every participant. The Member Care Committee will be delivering Panera box lunches and Membership packets to each participant’s home that morning.