- Message: Talking Points – Kindness and Gentleness
- Lead Minister: Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults
- Pastoral Support: Rev, Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister
- Lay Support: Sara D’Urso and Hannah Campbell
- Special Announcement from Dana Hearn, Chair of the APNC
- Today’s Music was provided by the Joyful Ringers Bell Choir, under the direction of Sue Scott, accompanied by Karen Dankeon the cello.
- Scripture: Galatians 5:22-23 (NRSV), Colossians 3:12 (NIV), and 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Sermon Shortcut: The Children’s Message this week falls at 28:45 (We are watching the 8th Grade Confirmation Class join the church.)
Today’s flowers were given in honor of our loved ones by Curt and Tami Rager.
Service Summary: We are beginning a new fall sermon series entitled “Talking Points.” This series, which focuses on the Fruits of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23 (NRSV), takes a look at the practical application of these fruits in our lives today.
In this first sermon in the series, Rev. Hovermale looks at the fruits of Kindness and Gentleness. He discusses what being Kind and Gentle means both in society and in our own lives. How are you doing – are you known for your kindness and gentleness?