- Lead Minister: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister
- Music provided by FPCP’s Joyful Ringers Bell Choir, directed by Sue Scott
- Scripture: Psalm 65 (NIV)
- This Sunday’s floral bouquets were provided in loving memory of:
– our daughters, Julie Clark and Katie Harris, by Don and Margie Harris
– our fathers, Arlen Meldrum and James Bell, and our brothers Chris Meldrum and Bruce Bell, by Jon and Kathleen Meldrum
- MANY thanks to the FPCP members who submitted photos of God’s beautiful creation taken since the pandemic hit. Your contributions were a perfect compliment to this Psalm, Rev. Emily’s message, and the beauty of the Joyful Ringers playing ‘Give Thanks.’
Today, our summer series — “Summer in the Psalms” — continues with Psalm 65, a Psalm of Creation. In Psalm 65, the psalmist points out that the whole of creation declares its praise to God, and we join our voices with creation in that praise of God. This psalmist knew how to see and appreciate God both outside the house of God and within the whole of nature. Every day, in every part of nature, God provides us with reasons to sing His praise. If we but look around, we will see many reasons to thank God for His abundant examples of creativity and beauty. Come, let us sing and shout with joy every day.
We look forward to continuing to share the uplifting messages of hope and inspiration found in the Psalms throughout the remainder of the summer.