- Lead Minister: Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth & Early Adults
- Liturgist: Rich Rej
- Music provided by Peggy McKinley and Cindy Jones (Accompanied by Kimberly Swan) and Geff Phillips, Upper Room Worship Leader
- Scripture: Psalm 42 (NIV)
- This Sunday’s floral bouquets were provided:
– in loving memory of Donald Sellers, Sr., on his birthday (Aug. 16th) by Anne Sellers and family
– in honor of my son Mark’s birthday by Beverley Palise
Today, our summer series — “Summer in the Psalms” — continues with Psalm 42, (a Psalm of Dependence on God). In Psalm 42, the psalmist expresses a very basic conviction that all of human life depends on God and our relationship to Him. In fact, putting our hope in God is as critical to us as water is to a deer. By placing our hope in God, every day, even every hour, we remember that He is the Rock upon which we can depend and trust.
As we begin to draw this sermon series to a close, we look forward to continuing to share the uplifting messages of hope and inspiration found in the Psalms throughout the remainder of the summer.