Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: Ritual and Practice… Holding Fast to God’s Instructions, with Communion and the Colina de Luz Mission Trip Commissioning
- Paster: Rev. Ashley S. Ashley, Associate Pastor
- Assisting: Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults
- Music by the Fifth Season Ensemble, accompanied by Sharon Smith
- Scripture: Proverbs 6:1-6;13-18 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Children’s Message Shortcut: There is no Children’s Message today due to Communion.
Today’s flowers are given:
- In loving memory of my father, Raymond Schmalzried, and of my grandparents, by Brenda Schmalzried, and
- In loving memory of our beloved daughter Alex, on her birthday, August 4, 1989, by Mark and Molly Burgett.
Today in our sermon on Proverbs, we focus on Proverbs 9, which compares Lady Wisdom and Lady Folly. We look at their efforts to host people through their houses and their banquets, and Pastor Ashley helps us look at the choices we make to participate in one or the other. The Sacrament of Communion, which we take part in today, is an example of one of the choices we can make.