- Message: Life Together: Through the Storms
- Lead Minister: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister
- Liturgist: Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults
- Today’s Music provided by Lisa Meyers, Accompanied by Sharon Smith
- Scripture: Luke 8:22-25 and Isaiah 43:1-5a (NRSV)
- Sermon Study Questions
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Sermon Shortcut: The Children’s Sermon in today’s service video starts at 07:08
Today’s flowers were given in honor of Ken, Julie and our parents, by Kris Black.
During our 2nd of 4 services entitled “Life Together,” today’s message is: Through the Storms. We haven’t lacked in storms this week, from terrible weather in the south, to fires in the west… Top it off with being 6 months into a global pandemic and an upcoming election… We are certainly working hard to weather the storms of 2020.
What can we do when life gets too hard to stand on our own? We kneel. We trust in the God who sheltered 3 men in the fire, who fed the Israelites in the desert, who calmed the raging wind and waves. We trust God, who is in the boat with us during the storms to bring us THROUGH the storms.