Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: I AM the True Vine
- Lead Minister: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister
- Assisting: Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor, and Darlene Maginley, Director of Children’s Ministry
- Music provided by Geff Phillips, Upper Room Worship Leader (pre-recorded)
- Scripture: John 15:1-8 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Parking Lot Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Message Shortcut: The Children’s Message in today’s service video starts at 9:48.
- Baptism of Ryan Dornik: starts at 12:43.
Today’s flowers were given:
- In loving memory of John Marmaduke, from the Marmaduke family. Forever in our hearts.
- In honor of Georgia Schmalzried, on her birthday, March 23, from Brenda Schmalzried, and from Gretchen, Art and Ray DiTullio.
- In memory of our mothers, Emily A. Bullotta and Harriot Tillock, who both had March birthdays, and in honor of our daughter, Shannon Ross, who celebrates her birthday on March 25, from Ron & Barbara Bullotta.
This week is the fifth Sunday in Lent, and we’re looking at the next topic in our “I AM” Lenten Sermon Series – “I AM the True Vine.” To help us understand the importance of the statement, the True Vine, Rev. Campbell shared with us that gardening, and pruning, is an important part of gardening. God – the Gardener – tends and cares for Israel through the people’s relationship with the True Vine – Jesus. The Israelites, as the vine’s branches, are cared for and, when needed, pruned to train them to produce their best fruits for the Gardener. So grab up your pruning tools and your gardening gloves, because we’re heading out to the garden to see where we need to prune in our own lives!