Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: Hello, My Name is… Prince of Peace
- Lead Minister: Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth & Early Adults
- Assisting Ministers: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister, and Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor
- Advent Candle Readers: The Uller Family
- Music provided by the Fifth Season Ladies Ensemble and the Solid Brass Quintet
- Scripture: Isaiah 9:1-7 (NIV) and Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Sermon Shortcut: There is no Children’s Message today.
Today’s flowers were given in loving memory of Gordon Detter and of Laura Jean Shearer by Elizabeth Detter.
On the final, fourth Sunday in Advent, we’re looking at “Hello, My Name is… Prince of Peace.” This Advent sermon series is based on the prophesy given in Isaiah 9:1-7, and focuses on the descriptions of Jesus set down in these well-loved verses: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. How does the ‘Prince of Peace’ relate to today’s society? He brings hope to the world, with the promise of peace, both to the world, and to each of us. It isn’t a fleeting, happy-for-the-moment peace. Instead, it’s a real, constant, and eternal peace. It’s the peace that can only come from our Messiah, Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace.