Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: Hello, My Name is… Mighty God
- Lead Minister: Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor
- Assisting Ministers: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister, and Rev. Mark Hovermale, Pastor for Youth and Early Adults
- Music is provided by the 2017 Joyful Ringers Bell Choir, under the direction of Sue Scott
- Scripture: Psalm 33 (ESV) and Luke 1:46-55 – The Magnificat (NRSV)
- Sermon Study Questions
- Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Sermon Shortcut: There is no Children’s Message today.
Today’s flowers were given in loving memory of Dennis Hannak and Bill & Maxine Harrigan from Sheryl Hannak and family.
We continue our Advent sermon series entitled “Hello, My Name is…” with “Mighty God.” This series, based on the prophesy given in Isaiah 9:1-7, looks at the descriptions of Jesus set down in these well-loved verses: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. Mighty God is one of the attributes that the Messiah was expected to embody. And it is true – the God who created the heavens and the earth, and that created the miracles told about in the Bible, IS a mighty God. In fact, all of our lives are a gift for God. He is the sole sovereign of every sphere of reality, and yet He is our help and our shield. Today, as we light the candle of Joy, we can appreciate the Good News – that our God and Messiah is a Mighty God!