Are you joining us today in our online worship service?
Please sign in to our ONLINE FRIENDSHIP PAD
We’d love to know who you are!
- Message: Hello, My Name is… Everlasting Father
- Lead Minister: Rev. Emily Riley Campbell, Senior Minister
- Assisting Ministers: Ashley Smith Ashley, Associate Pastor
- The Children’s Christmas Pageant: Readings from our Sunday School children with music from past Christmas pageants in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Choral Christmas Music: Featuring selections from the 2019 Chancel Choir Christmas Concert, directed by Dr. Jerry Smith, and featuring soloist Dan Scruggs.
- Scripture: There are no specific Bible readings today, however all of the music and the readings come from the greater story of the birth of the Messiah as told by scripture.
- Sermon Study Questions
- Service Bulletin
Family Ministry (For children ages K-5):
- Watch today’s Sunday School Lesson: What’s in the Bible?
- Children’s Sermon Shortcut: There is no Children’s Message today.
Today’s flowers were given in loving memory of my wife Nancy, by John Ashton.
On the third Sunday in Advent, we’re looking at “Hello, My Name is… Everlasting Father.” This Advent sermon series is based on the prophesy given in Isaiah 9:1-7, and focuses on the descriptions of Jesus set down in these well-loved verses: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. Everlasting Father is given in recognition of the care and love our Father God has for us. Every day, God invites us to come to him with our honest feelings, no matter what those feelings are. He invites us to approach him with the openness of children, looking for new ways to acknowledge and recognize Him. And as our Everlasting Father, we see that the entire message of Christmas is a message of God’s amazing love for us. Thank you, Father, for the indescribable gift You have given to us through the person of Jesus Christ, our Messiah.