It is our intention to help you find resources and inspiration for your family and your search for faith. You are a special part of that vision! Join with us as we proclaim a joyful and expectant faith in a broken and fearful world. Let FPCP help you in your faith journey! We offer dynamic programs for all ages that we hope will help you continue to build your faith as Christ calls us to renewal and service.
FPCP first assembled in February of 1833.
- It was officially organized with its first minister, the Rev. A.M. McJunkin, in July of 1835.
- The original building was built in 1846.
- In 1936, the church was destroyed by a fire. The only items untouched by the fire were the Bible and the lectern on which it stood.
The present structure was built in 1937.
- The Chapel was added in 1955.
- In September 2002, a 10,000 square foot educational wing was added to the current structure.
FPCP’s beautiful stained glass windows have a rich history, representing snapshots in time of the life of this church and its members. Many date back to 1937 when the church was rebuilt following the fire, although several windows have also been commissioned since that day. A registry of FPCP’s stained glass windows has recently been completed by the Michigan Stained Glass Census. To see the results of this process, please visit the Michigan Stained Glass Census website.
We hope you will enjoy this video tour of FPCP’s 178 years in Plymouth.